My newest WIP deals intimately with all things paranormal, from the lively sport of Rugging (think skateboarding up in the air on doormats) to living stone gargoyles that pepper the sky and always have some history to tell. And of course the paranormal people who populate the town of Para – a hidden culture deep underground in the sprawling network of caves. I’ve had a blast developing this paranormal world, its people, its government, recreation and supernatural powers. Every time I pick up a pencil, new information flows out and the giddy feeling numbs my mind. And I’d like to share with you the 13 types of Paranormal people who call Para home.
2) Muse: The embodiment of creativity and emotion.
3) Sirens: Beautiful people who inspire lust and love.
4) Angels: Winged beings that bring faith and hope.
5) Demons: Winged beings that bring fear and pain.
6) Reapers: Bringers of death.
7) Witches: Hold all things magic.
8) Elementals: Control the elements earth, air, fire, and water.
9) Fairies: Pranksters with a knack for play and jokes.
10) Were-creatures: Their physical form shifts from human to animal on a given trigger.
11) Ghosts: Bodiless spirits.
12) Succubus: Controls dreams and fears.
13) Vampires: Blood sucking beasts that do not glitter.
Each type controls some aspect of humanity and without these magnificent beings, humans would die out, go crazy, or worse.
Have I mentioned how much I love world building and writing?