Not a day goes by when I’m not insanely proud of my daughter. Yes, that includes all the times when she ignores me, disobeys me, irritates me, frustrates me and makes me want to run away to a dark corner to cry. But I tell myself she’s only 3, just a kid, but damn is she smart! And that not only makes me extremely proud, but down right jealous at times. Why would this writer mom be jealous of a smart 3-year-old you ask? I’ll tell you. I have decided to share some of the things my daughter has said, word for word, and let you decided.
1) This is the last time I’ll go with Sasha, who lives in Highbida where no one lives alone. We have to take the school bus far, far away really fast to get to his workshop where he sings as he makes cookies with sprinkles that crunch like leaves without water.
2) I don’t want to be a big girl. It’s too much work and not very fun.
3) Tree’s walk around in the forest to mess with people who don’t believe in them. I can’t blame them, I would hate to be stuck in place and have birds poop on my too.
4) When I grow up, I’m going to be on American Idol, only I’m going to finish first.
5) I don’t want a night-light; the dark isn’t scary at all. It’s the monster’s that try to take advantage of the shadows that I have issues with.
6) One day I want to fly like the birds so I can taste the clouds and sky.
7) I like it when the clouds cry, it makes everything grow and I get to splash in sky tears.
Need I really go on?